Harrisburg, pennsylvania – Department of Labor and Industry (L&I) Secretary Jennifer Berrier today announced the launch of a rollout of in-person services for Unemployment Compensation (UC) claimants available by appointment at PA CareerLink ® locations throughout the Commonwealth, beginning with locations in southeastern and southwestern Pennsylvania.
The department received a $6.8 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, funded by the American Rescue Plan Act, to promote equitable access to UC programs and designed its new services to meet the needs of the most vulnerable populations. underserved areas of the Commonwealth.
L&I uses funding to place UC staff in PA CareerLink® centers, add iPad technology to PA CareerLink® staff and claimant centers, and to clear the backlog of pending calls under the federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, which expired last September. In-person appointments for UC service will continue through 2022.
“The crisis of the past two years has taught L&I some valuable lessons, and we have taken the time to review the unemployment benefit system, identify areas that needed attention and make improvements that benefit people. Pennsylvanians. With this in-person rollout of appointments and support at CareerLink offices, L&I now has a greater reach into communities of underserved populations,” Berrier said. “With more staff more accessible to serve our customers, we will continue to fulfill our mission to serve Pennsylvanians facing economic hardship.”
Starting today, UC staff are available in six CareerLink APs® in the South East region and 10 locations in the South West region to assist claimants with their cases. Over the coming weeks and months, the ministry plans to make this service available at other CareerLink centres. As locations offering this service are added, L&I will make this information available on its website. UC staff will be available on Mondays and Tuesdays only, and applicants must make an appointment.
PA CareerLink® prepares Pennsylvanians to meet business needs and matches employers with qualified, skilled candidates. Some of the free career development and other services provided include:
- Resume Writing/Posting/Submission Workshops
- Mock interviews
- Help with job search and training
- Courses and workshops for adults
- Career fairs
- Partner referral services
As of this week, the following locations are also offering in-person assistance to UC claimants by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please contact PA CareerLink® directly.
- PA CareerLink® Somerset Co., 6022 Glades Pk., Ste. 100, Somerset, Pennsylvania 15501 | 814-445-4161
- PA CareerLink® Allegheny East, 2040 Ardmore Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15221 | 412-436-2225
- PA Career Link® Pittsburgh/Allegheny Co., 304 Wood St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222 | 412-552-7100
- PA Career Link® Fayette Co., 112 Commonwealth Dr., Lemont Furnace, PA 15456 | 724-434-5627
- PA Career Link® Greene Co., 4 W. High St., Waynesburg, PA 15370 | 724-852-2900
- PA Career Link® Mon Valley, Donora Industrial Pk., 570 Galiffa Dr., Donora, PA 15033 | 724-379-4750
- PA Career Link® Washington Co., 90 W. Chestnut St., Ste. 150 LL, Washington, PA 15301 | 724-223-4500
- PA CareerLink® Westmoreland Co., 151 Pavilion La., Youngwood, PA 15697 | 724-755-2330
- PA CareerLink® Alle-Kiski, 1150 5th Ave., Ste. 200, New Kensington, Pennsylvania 15068 | 724-334-8600
- PA CareerLink® Beaver Co., 285 Beaver Valley Mall, Rte. 18, Monaco, Pennsylvania 15061 | 724-728-4860 ext. 215
- PA Career Link® Delaware Co., 701 Crosby St., Ste. B, Chester, Pennsylvania 19013 | 610-447-3350
- PA Career Link® Bucks Co., 1260 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA 19007 | 215-781-1073
- PA Career Link® North Philadelphia (Esperanza), 4261 N. 5th St., Philadelphia, PA 19140 | 215-967-9711
- PA Career Link® Northwest Philadelphia, 5847 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19144 | 215-987-6503
- PA Career Link® West Philadelphia, 3901 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 215-473-3630
- PA Career Link® Philadelphia Commuter Station, 1617 JFK Blvd., Ste. 200, Philadelphia, PA 19103 | 215-557-2592
MEDIA CONTACT: Alex Peterson, [email protected]
# # #